Meet Dr Suresh Rashid
BDSC (WA), GRADDIPAPPSC (COMP) Dental Surgeon
Dr Suresh Rashid, BDSC (WA), GRADDIPAPPSC (COMP) Dental Surgeon
“In 1984 I completed my Bachelor of Dentistry and graduated from the University of Western Australia (Perth). Following my graduation, I spent 15 years in the Pilbara region of North West WA, running my own 3 man private practice, based in the country town of Karratha. Being 1500km away from Perth made it demanding professionally but it also made me grow and learn very quickly.
In 1988 we moved from the country to Brisbane and in 2000 I bought my own practice in Wickham Tce. I later moved into a consultancy role, including consulting as a senior dentist in Bundaberg, Upper Coomera and several practices in Brisbane. I’ve now returned to set up my own practice- Smile Dentist Brisbane, as these words embody my mission statement, my philosophy, why I go to work, what I strive to give in my work and life and what I hope it means to everyone who comes into contact with my practice.
I have attended postgraduate training programmes and have qualifications in the following areas:
- Graduate diploma in computing, training and certification in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) (effective communication)
- Diploma training in clinical hypnosis dentistry. This includes the treating of dental anxiety/phobia, general relaxation, psychosomatic disorders, pain control and management, teaching self-hypnosis.
- Restorative dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry and bleaching (improving and rejuvenating smiles)
- Implantology (replacing missing teeth)
- GTR (guided tissue regeneration) (replacing missing gums and bone)
- Lasers (Er-YAG /CO 2 – soft and hard tissue lasers)
- Paediatric dentistry (children)
- Simple orthodontics, occlusion and TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) disorders,
- Fastbraces – licenced provider
- Periodontics (gum treatment)
- Endodontics (root canal treatment)
- Prosthodontics (reconstructive dentistry)
- Oral surgery
- Intravenous and nitrous oxide sedation
- Cerec © (Computerised Digitising, Design and Manufacture (CAD-CAM) which allows for same day tooth reconstruction using pressed ceramics)
I enjoy all aspects of dentistry but in particular enjoy the satisfaction of providing relief from pain, reconstructing and rejuvenating worn and broken teeth and helping people to break free of the cycle of preventable dental disease.
I am able to provide you with a range of dental treatments, from a detailed dental examination to a standard scale & clean. These are available in varying cost brackets, taking into account your level of oral hygiene, gum recession / sensitivity / anxiousness and level & type of staining. Everyone is different and treatment needs do vary. I would like to extend a warm welcome to you.